Strengthening Your Nails
1) Water can make them weak. Great news since I'm washing dishes 5 days a week! Wearing gloves can offer some help. Applying a good hand cream is also beneficial. ( I looove Neutrogena Norwegian Formula!)
2) Try not to use your nails as tools (Guilty of this too) Don't try to rip or open packaging or anything else with your nails. Use scissors or another tool. This leads to the flakyness I hate!
3) Stop chewing them! Of course this is the most obvious tip.
4) Give a strengthener a try. I've been using Sally Hansen Powerful Acrylic Gel. However after I bought it I discovered it had some ingredients that don't really help your nails: formaldehyde, toluene, and dibutyl phthalate. Next time I plan on purchasing VitaSurge Strength Gel which doesn't have any of those baddie ingredients
5) How you file is important. Sawing back and forth is a no-no. Instead go in the same direction. Use the not as gritty side whenever you need a file but save the really rough side for emergencies. It can weaken the nails by making them too thin!
Was this info helpful to any of you ladies? I am so excited to be back to blogging =) I have some great ideas for upcoming posts. Happy Hump Day!